Designing a Laundry Room: Step 2 – Personalizing Your Space
What you learned:
- Once you have laid out your Laundry Room, start on your All Walls view to begin personalizing your solution.
- If you opted to Autofill your solution with product, you can adjust what is included in each section.
- Click on wall you would like to adjust. Then double click the section you would like to change.
- The red trash can icon allows you to delete the section, the blue "Edit" pencil icon allows you to edit within the section and the two black and white sheets are the "Duplicate Item" icon.
- If you add a section and it does not fit within the wall space, it will glow red. Click "Resize Section" above the highlighted area, then check "Auto Size All Sections" if you desire uniformity and symmetry in your solution.
Adding laundry room accessories:
- To visualize where the washer and dryer will appear in your solution, click on the "Obstructions" icon on the left-hand side of your screen when in the Wall View of your space.
- Click and drag the washer shown in the left-hand panel onto your screen. Click the "Duplicate" button below the washer for an additional appliance (dryer).
- Click "Accessories" in the right-hand control panel.
- Click and drag the accessory you would like to add into your design. When you hover over each accessory item, a pop-up will appear with a short description of the item.
If you would like to edit any accessory or item within your design, click on the item and drag it up and down OR press the red "Trash Can" icon to delete.
How to add a folding table:
- Navigate to the wall of your choice and click on the designed organization area. To edit the “Top Shelf Height” of your design. This option is indicated by a blue “Edit Pencil” along the ruler on the left side of your screen.
- Change your top shelf height to a countertop height. We chose 42” in this example. Then click “Save.”
- Change the Mount Type for this section from “Wall” to “Floor” by navigating to the bottom left corner of your screen. Next to “Wall Options,” select “Floor." OR use the drop-down menu on the top of your screen.
- Delete the section(s) you would like to remove from your design by clicking the red trash can button below it.
- Add in doors and drawers into your folding station by using the right-hand panel under the tab “Items.” Click and drag items onto your design.
- Adjust their sizes by clicking and dragging the blue arrows that surround the section.
- To complete the design, navigate to the top of your screen and select “Features” with the pencil icon.
- Here, click on the “Crown Molding & Top Shelf” tab.
- Select "Include Tops.”
- Click “Save.”
- View your completed design in 3D.
Editing different walls:
- If you want to adjust product on a different wall, you can either click one of the icons to your left (WALL 2, WALL 3, WALL 4, etc) OR click “ALL WALLS” in the same left-hand column. If you choose “ALL WALLS,” you will see all your walls appears on your 2D view. Select the one you would like to edit by simply clicking on it.
- The bottom right-hand panel also gives the option to select your wall of choice. Look for “SELECT WALL” and the corresponding wall numbers will follow. Select the one you would like to view.
- Navigate to the right-hand panel and select a wall in the “LAYOUT” icon by click on one of your walls.
Editing section templates:
- Select a section.
- Once it is highlighted in blue, navigate to the right-hand panel.
- Click the drop-down arrow and choose the type of template you’d like to edit. For example: Hanging, Shelves, Drawers, etc.
- Click on the template you would like to include in your solution.
- Click the “3D” view icon on the left-hand side of the screen to view your design in 3D.
- Click the “2D” view icon on the left-hand side of the screen to view your design in 2D.
Ready to finalize your laundry room design? Learn how to put the finishing touches on your solution here.