Advanced Features and Design: Adding an Obstruction
What you learned:
- Click on the wall that has an item you will need to design around. In this example, we are adding a light switch.
- When you are on the “Wall View” of your space, the “Obstructions” icon will appear on the lower left side of your screen.
- Click the “Obstructions” icon.
Adding the Obstruction:
- The Design Center control panel on the lower right side of your screen will display a library of obstructions to choose from.
- When you click on your obstruction of choice, it will populate on your screen.
- The best way to place your obstruction is to use the clearance measurement tool. Type in the distance between the edge of the wall and the edge of your obstruction.
- Select the 3D view to clearly see the obstruction in your design.
Need help designing a tricky space? Contact one of our professional designers for free help. Call us at: 1.800.910.0129.