7 Simple Steps to an Organized Kitchen
Have you ever found it challenging to keep an organized kitchen? Between busy days and an active family, it can be a challenge keeping things clean and in order but with a little forethought and great planning, you’ll be amazed at how streamlined your kitchen can be. Here are 7 simple ways to get the job done:
- Place frequently used items where they can be easily accessed, such as pots, pans, and hot pads next to the stove and oven, and silverware next to the dishwasher.
- Allocate dedicated “landing areas” to accommodate temporary placement of items. An example of this is a place to put the spoon cradle in between stirs.
- Designate cabinets for certain items. This will make finding things that much easier when you’re in a hurry.
- Place all related things together. For example, keep all spices, cleaning supplies, and other random items together in their particular groups. If need be, label the containers.
- Keep food storage containers and lids together. A cabinet that resembles a Tupperware graveyard is nothing to be proud of.
- Make sure sharp objects are hidden or out of reach. It’s a safety precaution that should be taken – it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Place temperature or light sensitive food in appropriate areas. Certain types of light can make bread go stale faster, and we all know that heat can make chocolate melt.
Lets face it, sometimes life takes over leaving little time for organizing to occur. Ease into the process knowing that an organized kitchen won’t happen overnight but it can happen quickly and change the entire attitude of your family’s busy days. Tell us ~ what do you do to keep your kitchen organized?