Advanced Features and Design: Adding an Island to Your Walk-In Closet
What you learned:
- Before considering adding an Island to your design, the recommended space needed in your walk-in closet is 116” X 160”
- To add an island, click on the “Draw Your Own” button in the Layout Screen.
- Click “Continue.”
- You have now entered the Advanced Layout view. Notice that your walls and buildable areas are already defined.
- Click “Add Island,” located in the upper menu.
- The island will populate on the bottom right of your screen. Simply click and drag it to the desired location within your closet.
- Click “Save & Continue.”
Customizing Your Island:
- Once in the design tool, navigate to the right side of your screen to the “Layout” option and edit your island by clicking “Front” or “Back.”
- Now, you can add sections to your island. Click the plus sign in either the Front or Back of your island.
- Navigate to the right side of your screen to the “Layout” option and select the template you’d like to include.
- The sections you configure for one side of the island will be automatically mirrored on the other side of the island.
- To have a different template on either island, click on the one you would like to edit (the front or back), select the template and replace it with a different one using the “Layout” panel on your screen.
- Navigate to the 3D view to see how your island looks in your space.
- If at any time you would like to further personalize your island, navigate back to the 2D view and edit.
For advanced features like Islands, it’s often helpful to enlist the expertise of our professional design team. Call us at: 1.800.910.0129 for a free design consultation.