10 Organizing Tips for Carefree Holiday Entertaining
There’s no warmer feeling than cherishing those you love during the holiday season! Hosting family and friends, neighbors popping over … so many wonderful opportunities to make your holiday home the place where lasting memories are made. The secret to successful entertaining at home is getting organized so you can really enjoy your guests. You can save yourself time, space and effort this holiday season -and make entertaining carefree- with these 10 tips for optimizing key entertainment areas in your home with EasyClosets organization solutions:
You can make a great first impression the moment visitors come into your home with an organized entryway.
- Use colors and textures to add personal style to your organization solution. Detailed textured finishes with natural characteristics of real wood add sophisticated flair and make any room feel more inviting.
- Store off-season items out of sight to create a clean and tidy appearance. Custom cabinets provide hidden storage while shoe shelves, pull-out baskets, racks and drawers can be added to keep everyday essentials organized.
- Provide a convenient place to sit or to store items as you enter or leave your home. A built-in bench becomes a helpful landing pad to slip shoes on and off, or to place backpacks or groceries temporarily. It can also offer a comfortable place to relax with a good book after the holiday hustle and bustle.
Your kitchen is the center of holiday preparations and likely the heart of your home all year. An organized pantry that blends beautifully with your home can save you valuable time, whether you’re entertaining or simply serving everyday family meals. Here are hints on how to do it:
- Keep the ingredients and equipment you use most often at eye level on open shelves, while less frequently used items or breakables can be kept higher up.
- Simplify meal prep by keeping spices at the ready in their own special slide-out rack that tucks away neatly when it’s not needed.
- Use vertical dividers to separate trays, cutting boards, platters and pans, placing them within arm’s reach.
- Place your wine collection on display and make selecting wine easier with a built-in wine rack.
- Add stemware holders to keep glasses handy any time you want to raise a toast, while providing safe and convenient storage.
Keep your family room organized for holiday entertaining with a media center personalized to fit your home decor and lifestyle.
- Organize your media components behind doors or on open shelves while keeping controls handy in drawers.
- Wires everywhere? Keep your space looking uncluttered and clean with a built-in cable management system. EasyClosets media centers include extra space behind and beneath the drawers to hold cables, power strips and a wireless router.
Give yourself the gift of a more efficient home, where there’s a place for everything, and everything in its place. Knowing those key entertainment areas are perfectly organized, you’ll be ready to relax and share the joy of the season with a welcoming glow!